Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

'Now where did I put my knickers..?'

Knickers, or pants if you are American, are as we all know essential to most womens wardrobes. My knicker fiasco started in Hawaii and wasn't solved to my satisfaction until April 2011...a whole NINE MONTHS after arriving on island. I'm an idiot, and should probably start from the beginning...
We were in a rush to leave... I'm notoriously last minute with everything and was still packing my underwear drawers into black bin-liners to chuck in the attic half an hour before leaving for the airport. Half an hour?? What?? Yep that stupid. I nearly didn't pack any... yeah I'm aware some women roll that way but I like my pants...and have boat loads of them. So why did I pack 3 pairs? WHY?? 3 pairs for a YEAR. Somehow I think I got it into my head that I was going on holiday, not moving away. Yes I also know that I pack more knickers then as well. I can't explain it.
So obviously there were none in my hand luggage and when we stopped at Hawaii we decided to be decadent and get a hotel for the night after 3 days travelling, I thought ooooooooo I can have a shower!! No. I'm sorry but I'm one of those people who can't have a shower then get back into stinky clothes - I'd rather just be full on stinky. So arriving at our hotel in Waikiki at 8pm (and having to leave at 6am) I spent a good 2 hours wandering into surf shops asking bemused shop assistants if they sold knickers. Of course I also had to explain what knickers were...and didn't get anywhere. Ohhhhh for a M&S. Couldn't get any on-island either so I spent a good proportion of my time in Majuro washing knickers. When my mam asked what I wanted for Christmas it was an obvious choice...and how I loved them when they arrived. They were the shape they were supposed to be; they didn't smell like mould like everything else I owned; they fit properly...Granted it was April (it takes 3 months+ to get packages from the UK) by the time they arrived but I loved them....I will NEVER, EVER take Marks & Spencers for granted again.
So a wise word...if you're thinking of packing up and moving to the other side of the world ensure you take (at least) 14 pairs of knick-naks with you - but you already knew that didn't you?!

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll find that you did not wash any knickers and it was infact me. This is factually inaccurate! LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete